Everyone knows that orange juice is the perfect beverage to go with breakfast, and that it is recommended even by doctors. However, the reasons for this are less known.
Orange juice is in fact incredibly healthy, and here’s why:
• It contains a high amount of vitamin C, which is known to significantly boost the immune system and help prevent illnesses.
• Medical studies have shown that OJ can lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure, two problems common in middle aged women
• It is rich in antioxidants, which are believed to prevent certain forms of cancer
• It is rich in potassium, which is a significant nutrient of the body.
• It improves blood circulation.
• It contains Folate, a substance involved in the reproduction of new cells, which can help with healing processes.
• It has anti-inflammatory qualities, and may help relieve arthritis-related pain.